COMMUNITY CALENDAR: Please Note: “Halloween Hullabaloo! is October 30 (not 23)
Upcoming public events in Clinton County include:
Saturday 23 October
• PLEASE NOTE: The “Halloween Hullabaloo!” In downtown Wilmington is one week away from today October 30 (not the 23rd, as the previous day’s schedule indicated. We apologize for the confusion.)
• Trunk or treat while driving 5-6:30 p.m. at JW Denver Williams Jr. Memorial Park, Wilmington. Fifth annual event presented by Wilmington Parks & Rec. Free, with candy donated from vehicles decorated by businesses and organizations; dress (but stay in your car and stay safe). Enter via Fife Avenue.
• Talking tombstones – the very first self-guided tour of the historic Sugar Grove Cemetery at the Clinton County History Center with costumed interpreters – is 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 23 (rain date 24). Visit clintoncountyhistory.org for more information and ticket sales.
• Sleepy guys come back to play Irish music at the Murphy Theater at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday 23 October. For tickets, visit [email protected] or call 937-382-3643.
• Make a difference day project at the CCYC Youth Center campus, 302 W. Sugartree St. in Wilmington, from 10 a.m. to noon, involves volunteers beautifying the bike path, planting native trees and improving accessibility to the public disc golf course at CCYC .
• Dog shows for all breeds and specialties at the Clermont County Kennel Club’s annual fall event at the Roberts Center in Wilmington from Friday to Sunday, October 22-24. Free entry and parking. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3ATQJiz.
Sunday October 24
• T passagerun or treat at Wilmington Church of Christ, 6:30 p.m. at 909 W. Locust St. Open to all youth; enjoy wandering the aisles of decorated car trunks to receive treats and treats. Treats for people with allergies or food sensitivities will be provided. More information on www.wcconline.org.
Monday, October 25
• Clinton County Genealogy Society will meet at 7 p.m. in the community hall of the History Center. The program includes a presentation for lineage societies, the election of officers for 2022 and refreshments. Open to anyone interested in history and genealogy.
Thursday October 28
• the night of the beggars for the City of Wilmington / Clinton County will be 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 28.
• Free community dinner hosted by Grace United Methodist Church in Blanchester 4:30 pm-6pm on Thursday October 28th in the church communion hall. All are welcome at the Church on Center and Wright Streets. For more information, call 937-783-3655.
Saturday October 30
• “Halloween Hullabaloo! »In downtown Wilmington is set for Saturday, October 30 in downtown Wilmington. It starts with Family Fun at the Murphy Theater with movie mornings – with free admission – “Toy Story of Terror” at noon and 2 p.m., and “Casper’s Halloween Special” at 1 and 3 p.m. – plus a costume contest. Concessions will be available. “Music On Sugartree” begins with The Avalons at 5pm and Filo Beddoe at 7.30pm, and also includes food vendors, games and a costume contest on Sugartree Street. Presented by the Clinton County Convention & Visitors Bureau.
• Howl-O-Ween trunk or treat at Orchard Vet Care for children and pets from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, October 30 at 45 Orchard Road (and US 68). Meet WPD’s K9 Officer; also Flint’s KettleCorn and Kona Ice. Prizes for the best costumes on pets (all animals must be kept on a leash).
• Christmas around the town of Sabina is Friday and Saturday November 11-12, in Sabina at the Church of Christ Sabina, The COVE, and in the townhouses (look for the snowmen).
Saturday 20 November
• HomeCity HoliDazzle returns Saturday November 20 to downtown Wilmington with food and drink, a choir concert at the courthouse, photos with Santa (and the Grinch), horse-drawn wagon rides, a children’s train ride, music and more. The illuminated parade starts at 7 p.m. at the exhibition center and then crosses the city center. For more information, visit www.hometownholidazzle.com.
Thursday 25 November
• Annual Free Community Thanksgiving Dinner is Thanksgiving Day-only delivery – Thursday, Nov. 25 – available to any resident of Clinton County starting at 10 a.m. Meals include turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberries, buns, and pumpkin pie. To order a meal, call either: 937-382-2706 (ArlaFaye); 937-527-6627 (Terri); or 937-382-7058 (Clinton County Homeless Shelter). The order deadline is Monday, November 22.
• HXmas The 38th Annual Arts, Crafts and Vendors Show will be held on Saturdays from 9 am to 4 pm only at Denver Place Elementary School in Wilmington, as well as in local homes and businesses; and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays at local homes and businesses.